Datum Dental's newly developed dental bone grafting material OSSIX™ Bone, is a resorbable sponge-like matrix of hydroxyapatite and collagen cross-linked by sugar.
Developed to augment hard tissue in periodontal and implant surgeries, it also utilizes GLYMATRIX® technology featured in OSSIX® PLUS and OSSIX® VOLUMAX.OSSIX™ Bone is cleared by the FDA for marketing in the USA 510(k). OSSIX ™ Bone is pending CE Mark.
- Healing and biocompatibility profiles of OSSIX™ Bone treated defects were equivalent to those treated with Bio-Oss® Collagen.
- OSSIX™ Bone outperformed the empty control demonstrating statistically improved bone growth and ridge restoration (height and width) at 24 Weeks.
- OSSIX™ Bone sites showed significantly larger overall ridge restoration and ridge widths compared to Bio-Oss® Collagen.
- Additionally, OSSIX™ Bone maintained its cohesive integrity within the site (no migration) as opposed to Bio-Oss® Collagen, in which migration was seen in 12 out of 19 animals.
OSSIX™ Bone is available in 3 sizes.
- 5x5x5 mm (0.125cc) bone grafting material
- 5x5x10 mm (0.25 cc) bone grafting material
- 5x10x10 mm (0.5 cc) bone grafting material