Alveolar Ridge Restoration Using a New Sugar Cross-linked Collagen-Hydroxyapatite Matrix in Canine L-shape Defects was presented in the E-Poster Session at the AO Academy of Osseointegration 2017 Annual Meeting held March 2017, in Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Healing and biocompatibility profiles of OSSIX™ Bone treated defects were equivalent to those treated with Bio-Oss® Collagen.
- OSSIX™ Bone outperformed the empty control demonstrating statistically improved bone growth and ridge restoration (height and width) at 24 Weeks.
- OSSIX™ Bone sites showed significantly larger overall ridge restoration and ridge widths compared to Bio-Oss® Collagen.
- Additionally, OSSIX™ Bone maintained its cohesive integrity within the site (no migration) as opposed to Bio-Oss® Collagen, in which migration was seen in 12 out of 19 animals.
OSSIX™ Bone will become available in 3 sizes.
- 5x5x5 mm (0.125cc) bone grafting material
- 5x5x10 mm (0.25 cc) bone grafting material
- 5x10x10 mm (0.5 cc) bone grafting material
OSSIX™ Bone is is not yet available for marketing; 510(k) and CE Marking pending. Please contact us if you would like to be updated when OSSIX™ Bone becomes available in your country.