When should I use OSSIX® PLUS?OSSIX® PLUS can be used for the following guided bone regeneration and guided tissue regeneration procedures:
- Ridge augmentation for later implant insertions
- Simultaneous ridge augmentation and implant insertions
- Ridge augmentation around implants inserted in delayed extraction sites
- Ridge augmentation around implants inserted in immediate extraction sites
- Alveolar ridge preservation consequent to tooth (teeth) extraction(s)
- Over the window in lateral window sinus elevation procedures
- In implants with vertical bone loss due to infection, only in cases where satisfactory debridment and implant surface disinfection can be achieved
- In intra bony defects around teeth
- For treatment of recession defects, together with coronally positioned flap
- In furcation defects in multi rooted teeth
What are the advantages of OSSIX® PLUS over other collagen membranes?OSSIX® PLUS is a collagen dental membrane that is cross linked to a high level with a natural sugar.
How is OSSIX® PLUS collagen cross-linked?Datum Dental owns a unique technology called GLYMATRIX™ that uses natural sugars to cross-link its collagen.
Is there scientific evidence to support OSSIX® PLUS longevity?Over 60 publications in scientific literature, including human histology, clearly show that OSSIX® PLUS maintains its barrier effect long enough to support complete regeneration of alveolar defects.
What is the regulatory status of OSSIX® PLUS?OSSIX® PLUS has received FDA 510(k) clearance in the United States and CE mark (Europe). OSSIX® PLUS is also approved for use in Korea, Chile and additional countries. OSSIX PLUS can be purchased online with direct shipping from some countries. For information regarding specific countries, please visit the store, our Global Partners page or contact us.
Is there a risk of hypersensitivity to OSSIX® PLUS collagen?While hypersensitivity to collagen is possible, data from literature and clinical experience withOSSIX® PLUS revealed that the immunogenicity of porcine collagen is very low. OSSIX® PLUS must not be used in patients with known collagen hypersensitivity.
What do I do in case of early membrane exposure?
It is advised to reduce the exposure and stabilize the wound by suturing with a resorbable suture, if exposure occurs up to 2 weeks post op. If prematurely exposed, re suture if flaps are mobile. Have the patient rinse with chlorhexidine and avoid hard or hot
food. The membrane may last up to 5 weeks when exposed.
Is it necessary to stabilize OSSIX® PLUS?No, OSSIX® PLUS adapts to the defect and adheres to the exposed bone. In extreme cases the use of bone tacks to stabilize the membrane may enhance the final outcome.
Is it necessary to remove OSSIX® PLUS remnants at reentry?When reopening the site OSSIX® PLUS membrane remnants can be seen. It is advised not to remove OSSIX® PLUS membrane remnants as these will ossify over time.
When is the best time to remove the sutures when OSSIX® PLUS is used?It is advised to remove sutures at 10 days post-op. If some sutures are still holding the flaps, they may be removed 1-2 weeks later.
Which sutures should be used with OSSIX® PLUS?The best choices are non-resorbable monofilament sutures (nylon, Teflon). In case of immediate flap opening, suturing with resorbable (5-0) suture is recommended.